List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] Introduction
From:       Niki Kovacs <contact () kikinovak ! net>
Date:       2008-05-31 6:59:43

Hi,

I'm an Austrian sysadmin living in Montpezat (South France). I'm 100%
GNU/Linux since 2001. My job currently consists in migrating public
libraries around here from Microsoft Windows (or nothing at all) to
Linux.

Until recently, I've mostly been using Slackware, CentOS, Debian and
Arch Linux, and I'm familiar with most of the major distributions. That
is... except SuSE. Curiously enough, I never gave it a shot.

Recently I've had a discussion with two sysadmins, who praised the good
quality of openSuSE 10.3 on a desktop. So right now I want to give it a
shot myself. The idea behind it is that I'm looking for something more
comfortable to maintain, that doesn't need hours of tweaking (and tons
of build scripts to write).

I'll probably have a few questions in the near future, but I'll post
them one at a time as they arise.

Cheers from the rainy South of France,

Niki Kovacs