List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: Introduction
From:       Oliver Lehmann <lehmann () ans-netz ! de>
Date:       2008-05-31 6:41:27

dwight elvey wrote:

> It is software compatable with the WD1000 controller. I use
> a TRS80 controller and a ST251 drive. I did need to modify
> the code to deal with stepping differences between the original
> olivetti drive and the ST251. I just use the auto stepping.
> Dwight

Can you tell me a bit more about this? I can connect MFM drives to my WDC
too but I've problems with ST251-1 while ST251-0 are working. I think
that the -1 is probably somewhat different then the -0 but I'm not sure
where to look at in the WDC firmware (source is 86K) for what to
change...
http://pofo.de/P8000/misc/sources/EAW/Firmware/Firmware_-_MON16-WDC/WDC/wdc.firm.s

I can switch something in the firmware from 40MHz to 41,4MHz but neither
this helps nor do I know what this means....

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/