List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] NO PERSONAL REPLIES TO POSTINGS ON THIS LIST!!
From:       Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer () novell ! com>
Date:       2006-12-08 16:47:07

Hi,

On Friday 08 December 2006 17:05, ken wrote:

> Advocates of the
> nonsensical suse method of list operations have told us and continue to
> tell us (tossing in insults along the way) that they're smarter than the
> rest of the world and so to change things to a sensible configuration
> would be making an admission they can't make.  So this list will never
> change and people will never stop pointing out that it should be
> changed, users will continue to hear that they need to use some
> particular mail client in some singular way to read and reply to this
> particular list and that if they don't, they're stupid and all other
> lists in the world are stupid too.
>
> So we can't harbor any illusions that way this list (mal)functions will
> change.  We're just going to have to live with it

Right. Please "just live with it".

It doesn't really matter what you or I or any other individual is convinced is
the right way to do it (and there are arguments for both sides). It also
doesn't matter how other list admins run their lists.

What matters is what the list admin of this lists feels is the right setup.
Nothing else really. That is unless ...

... unless he invites people to vote on this.

And guess what: he did.

And guess again: the majority of voters wanted it the way it is now (the setup
you disagree with). Go and search in the archives. It's just a few months
ago.

Stop arguing about this please.

Greetings from Stuhr
hartmut
--
Hartmut Meyer, NTS EMEA Partner Relationship Manager
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg