List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Another [OT] Hardware Post
From:       Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () oracle ! com>
Date:       2011-02-23 20:41:39

On 02/23/11 12:20 PM, Orvar Korvar wrote:
> I just want an integrated 3D in a cpu that can give me 1080p, Compiz, simple games \
> in Wine/VirtualBox, etc. It is not really important to me if I get updates to a 3D \
> driver, as long as it gives me the above. I hope Sandybridge would give me this? \
> What do you think, should the Solarsi 3D driver for Sandybridge be able to give me \
> all this? Never mind frequent updates...

I don't know, since that driver isn't available yet, so all we can
do here is guess & speculate.   I also don't know when it will be
available to end-users (and since it won't be until a future release,
probably couldn't say even if I did know, since I am not authorized
to be announcing future OS release dates to the public).

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith@oracle.com