List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Phenom II X6 1090T, AMD 890FX / SB850,
From:       ken mays <maybird1776 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-08-27 10:49:08

Hi Dusan,

The answer is yes - it'll work. A few of our developers (and myself) run AMD/ATI \
hardware (i.e. state-of-the-art and legacy) in which the AMD motherboard-based \
chipsets are compatible.

Even at the graphics level, I've gotten the ATI Radeon HD 4870/4890 and 5970 graphics \
cards to work. I suggest the Nvidia GPU-based graphic cards  since the commercial \
video driver is maintained by Oracle/Nvidia.

Much of this info I've posted in the HCL and validated with Sun (Oracle).

~ Ken Mays