List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       Tamar Granor <tamar () thegranors ! com>
Date:       2004-04-19 17:58:05

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:21:02 -0400, "G. Roderick Singleton"
<grsingleton@openoffice.org> wrote:

>BTW, I think the current defaults are fine. Not to chatty and not too
>terse. However if you think it worthwhile file an enhancement issue.

Seems to me we've had a lot of discussion around here about what the
appropriate defaults are for the various features meant to guide
users, but that some people really hate. Maybe what's needed is a
chance to decide during installation. If the choices were really clear
(like "Help me as much as you can," "Help me with tough stuff" and
"Leave me alone"--not really those wording, but those ideas), people
could make an informed decision and get most of the defaults right for
their situation.

Tamar
Author
OOoSwitch: 501 Things You Want to Know About Switching to OpenOffice.org from Microsoft Office
Hentzenwerke Publishing
www.hentzenwerke.com
Sample Chapters: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/samplechapters/zsamplechapters.htm