List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       Bruce Byfield <bbyfield () axionet ! com>
Date:       2004-04-18 20:58:21

Andrew Brown wrote:

 >> there is no easy and obvious way to assign different heading levels to
 >> paragraphs that look like plain text.

Have you tried assigning one of the heading levels in Tools > Outline
Numbering to whatever style you are using as plain text?

 >> A proper
 >> outlining mode would allow you to do both in the same window.

There's something to be said for a view that's abstracted from the
document itself. For me, seeing structure in a separat window makes it
easier for me to see the overall structure.

Also, rather than just text wrap, I'd like a way to limit the amount of
text that displays. Generally, I don't want to see the entire paragraph,
just enough to know where I am.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
604.421.717 http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield