List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: backgrounds
From:       Guido Pinkernell <guido.pinkernell () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-12-23 20:31:14

Robert Black Eagle wrote:

>>Method 2: Page > Format > Background > As Graphic > Browse (insert) file
>>This one had two different results depending on the type of graphic file I
>>used. When I inserted a Gif file, it showed up correctly in the Preview
>>window in Page > Format > Background, but did not show up in the document
>>or when printed. When I inserted a Png file, it did not show up in
>>Preview, but did show up in the document and when printing - this is what
>>I finally ended up using -> PNG file using Method 2.
>

> This sounds to me like a bug.  Any graphic format should show up both on
> screen and when printing.  Please report it to issuezilla and let us know
> the issue number.  If you find this difficult, I will run my own test and
> report if I find the same issue, but it might be better coming from you
> with comments from others who test it.

I have seen this sometimes here. I suspect that this is due to my
network busy with other things so that the graphics info for the printer
doesn't make it to the printer while the text info does. I just wait a
couple of seconds or minutes and try again later. Then the printout is
fine. I haven't checked for different behaviour with different graphic
formats but I'll be happy to check when the Issue has been filed with
bugdocs attached.

Guido