List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] conditional page breaks and non-breakable blocks -- formatting for books, like XyWrite
From:       "Michael S. Mikowski" <z_mikowski () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-03-04 6:44:44

Ok, text files.  If they were only so easy...

Recently, I had fun with a business associate who sent me a zip file from a
mac.  Here is what I had to do:

- Convert from BinHex format hexbin.
# hexbin zipfile.zip
See:
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/mandrake/9.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/macutils-2.0b3-12mdk.i586.html

- Convert dos2unix all resulting files
# cd /my/zip/dir
# for i in *; do dos2unix $i; done
#
See:
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/mandrake/9.0/contrib/RPMS/dos2unix-0.8.0-1mdk.i586.html

Only then did the files work in "true" ASCII.

If the files are from mac or dos, perhaps that is the trouble?

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Mike

p.s. Saw your web site.  I'd be interested in your new book,  Please keep us
updated.