List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: modularized openoffice.org
From:       "John S Veitch" <jsveitch () ate ! co ! nz>
Date:       2003-02-03 21:19:10

Hello All

I find Open Office Writer is very SLOW compared with MS Word96.

For instance on my system from the desktop Word loads in 8 seconds,
while OO Writer takes 28 seconds.

Once up, a new page is delivered by Word in less than a second, while
OO Writer takes 8 seconds.

Printing and saving files is similarly very slow in my view.  I'm not
sure if the reason for the slowness is "the big package" or something
else.

I've no complaints about the output, or the ability to load files
from different sources, in fact that is a key advantage.

Regards
John

John S. Veitch
mailto:jsveitch@ate.co.nz