List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] modularized openoffice.org
From:       "Michael S. Mikowski" <z_mikowski () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-02-03 18:00:25

_excellent_ idea!  Make the grammer checker a module, english a module, etc.
I'd be surprised if the architecture "under the hood" isn't already somewhat
like this.

Generally, any plugin shouldn't be able to change the file format, although
one could support embedded plugin objects, e.g. Flash on a web page.
Hmmm.  What should (is?) the plugin api be?  Could some netscape and ie
plugins be adopted by providing a compatible api?