List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    modularized openoffice.org
From:       Anthony Valentine <amv () sbsalaska ! com>
Date:       2003-02-03 17:16:52

Hello.

I've been thinking of bloated software recently, and I came to the
conclusion that people want lots of features.  Unfortunately, different
people want different features, so to keep people happy, all these
features get added.  Before you know it, your program is bloated and
slow.

This begs the question, can OpenOffice.org be modularized, like the
Linux kernel is?  That is to say, can I compile in certain features that
I want, leave others out that I'll never use and make other features as
modules that can be loaded when needed?

--
Anthony Valentine <amv@sbsalaska.com>