List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] Macros
From:       Matt Needles <needlesm () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2003-10-22 22:03:43

Steve Holstein @ InterPrep.com wrote:

> New user with a quick question. I want to record a macro to run while
> editing HTML documents but that feature is grayed out. It appears to
> only be available if I'm creating/editing a regular document. Am I out
> of luck?

In a sense, yes.  The Macro Record function is only enabled in Writer
and Calc, I believe.  The reason you cannot record one in HTML Editor is
that you could not save it with the document, as is usually done.  You
would have to save it as a global macro, executable in any app of OOo.
That is why you will probably have to write your macro under Writer,
save it as a global macro and assign it to a key or button and then
execute it from HTML Editor.

Matt Needles
OOo Trainer