List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    RE: Macros
From:       "Scott Watson" <scott.watson1 () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2003-10-22 20:44:44

> From: Steve Holstein @ InterPrep.com [mailto:holstein@interprep.com]
> New user with a quick question. I want to record a macro to run while
> editing HTML documents but that feature is grayed out. It appears to only
> be available if I'm creating/editing a regular document. Am I out of luck?
HTML documents can't have macros in the same way that word processor ones
can.  A word processor (OOo, WP, MS Word etc) keeps that macro in the
document or template.  A web page is just a piece of plain text that you can
edit with notepad/vi.  I think its greyed out because there is nowhere for
the macro instructions to be kept.

Scott