List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] [SOLVED] Problem with SNMP
From:       Russell Miller <rmiller () duskglow ! com>
Date:       2011-01-06 0:03:04

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 22:28:13 +0000
"Guarini, Jeremy" <Jeremy.Guarini@nuance.com> wrote:

> Have you tried deleting the node and node data and let it get
> rediscovered? Probably can speed up the discovery process by sending a new
> suspect event using the send-event.pl script in bin

The problem ultimately turned out to be the "ethernetCsmacd" in the
"type" field of the "interface" line in "snmpd.conf".  "quote".

The red herring was that it would sense it correctly for a few seconds -
just long enough for me to do an snmpwalk and see the correct speed -
and then revert.

But I fixed that and then readded the node, and it is now correct.
Those two lines will become a default part of our snmp install.

Thanks for your help.

--Russell