List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: olcDbMultival configuration
From:       Howard Chu <hyc () symas ! com>
Date:       2024-01-22 17:19:31

david.gracjan@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As part of a project, we'd like to know how to integrate olcDbMultival into an \
> existing and running configuration.
> Can this configuration be done while running ?

Yes

> Is it necessary to restart the directories after integration?

No

> Is it necessary to rebuild the primary database?

No

> In what order should we proceed?

Doesn't matter. If it needed special handling the documentation would have told you \
so. Don't overthink these things. If nothing special is mentioned, nothing special is \
needed.

> And the same question if we want to remove this attribute from a configuration.

Nothing changes in the DB until you actually modify an entry that would be affected \
by the setting. When the modified entry is written back into the DB it will use \
whatever setting is currently in effect.

When an entry is read from the DB it is read according to how it was written, \
regardless of the current setting.

--
  -- Howard Chu