david.gracjan@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > As part of a project, we'd like to know how to integrate olcDbMultival into an existing and running configuration. > > Can this configuration be done while running ? Yes > Is it necessary to restart the directories after integration? No > Is it necessary to rebuild the primary database? No > In what order should we proceed? Doesn't matter. If it needed special handling the documentation would have told you so. Don't overthink these things. If nothing special is mentioned, nothing special is needed. > And the same question if we want to remove this attribute from a configuration. Nothing changes in the DB until you actually modify an entry that would be affected by the setting. When the modified entry is written back into the DB it will use whatever setting is currently in effect. When an entry is read from the DB it is read according to how it was written, regardless of the current setting. -- -- Howard Chu CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/