List:       openjdk-jmx-dev
Subject:    Re: jmx-dev RFR: 8297794: Deprecate JMX Management Applets for Removal
From:       Kevin Walls <kevinw () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2022-11-30 14:28:21

On Wed, 30 Nov 2022 12:08:22 GMT, Kevin Walls <kevinw@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Deprecate the Java Management Extension (JMX) Management Applet (m-let) feature for \
> removal.
> This deprecation will have no impact on users of other JMX features, the JDK's \
> built-in instrumentation, or any of the observability tools.
> More details in bug, and CSR JDK-8297795

Thanks both, yes will add a doc comment also.  Currently the generated docs give you: \
"Deprecated, for removal: This API element is subject to removal in a future \
version." But will add more around that.

MLetObjectInputStream and MLetParser are not public classes, so thinking they are not \
part of the public API we need to deprecate before removal.

Happy to try and avoid test logs being full of excess noise with those suppression \
annotations... 8-)