List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       Marc Matteo <marcm () lectroid ! net>
Date:       2002-08-29 7:20:43

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Jolan Luff wrote:

> pre-defined directories to copy and the destination.  you were on
> the right track with the post-install: method you were using in your
> port of 1.0 that was on your website.

Well, while I was trying to figure out why it stopped working I noticed
that the "run-mozilla.sh" script was setting up all the wrong paths.  I
also remember reading (in the build docs maybe) that the actual Mozilla
build system can be tweaked for proper install.  Now that would be nice.

  there were a couple of
> problems with it IIRC, specifically the includes were being put into
> the same directory, rather than preserving the hierarchy.

Hmmm, if that's the case, it was inadvertent... for exactly the reasons
you mentioned.

> i'll try to help out with a solid do-install: schema once i get my
> build working.  i tried building with ldap, mailnews, chatzilla,
> debug, and no stripping.  i've never seen my 1.333ghz athlon w/512mb
> ram have load averages in the five/sisex before ;)  ld segfaulted so
> now i'm building again with less junk.

I turned off anything that looked like it would slow the build down :).

> are you working with moz on your i386 or alpha?  i haven't had to
> modify anything at all and the build goes fine (except of course for
> the cosmic ld kablooie)

Yikes, I'd still be waiting for the Alpha.  I should try it there though.
1.0 did build... didn't run, but did build :).

Marc