List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       Jolan Luff <jolan () cryptonomicon ! org>
Date:       2002-08-29 6:59:19

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:34:50PM -0700, Marc Matteo wrote:
> 2) Mozilla is really finicky about it's installation paths.  After a
> 'make' it "installs" everything under ${WRKSRC}/dist and apparently you
> can't go randomly installing those files elsewhere around your filesystem.
> Anyone have a decent install script for this monster?

all the ports/package building scripts i've seen do the same thing.
they either manually copy over the files, or have a script with
pre-defined directories to copy and the destination.  you were on
the right track with the post-install: method you were using in your
port of 1.0 that was on your website.  there were a couple of
problems with it IIRC, specifically the includes were being put into
the same directory, rather than preserving the hierarchy.  it
doesn't seem that big of a deal, but it would mean less config args
for galeon and the like if the correct hierarchy is preserved.
i'm not sure what the correct hierarchy is for v1.1 yet.  you might
want to take a look at netbsd's pkgsrc.  they call an external
script rather than doing a post-install.  it's not very purty, but
it works.

i'll try to help out with a solid do-install: schema once i get my
build working.  i tried building with ldap, mailnews, chatzilla,
debug, and no stripping.  i've never seen my 1.333ghz athlon w/512mb
ram have load averages in the five/sisex before ;)  ld segfaulted so
now i'm building again with less junk.

are you working with moz on your i386 or alpha?  i haven't had to
modify anything at all and the build goes fine (except of course for
the cosmic ld kablooie)

- jolan