List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       Saad Kadhi <bsdguy () docisland ! org>
Date:       2002-08-29 7:40:22

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:48:34AM +0200, Saad Kadhi wrote:
> > 1) Is anyone else seeing Mozilla freeze after the first run?  I can get it
> > to run once and then never again.  No crashes, no errors no nothing.
> > Sometimes it just goes away and other times it just comes back to a
> > prompt.  This makes it very hard to test :).
> as far as I tested, I succeeded in launching it each time I tried after making
> it crash when feeding a form or making an ssl conn.
ok. here are some updates:
- Mozilla crashes when using HTTPS (confirmed on 4 sites)
- Mozilla crashes when feeding a form (confirmed on 6 sites)
- Mozilla crashes when selecting Preferences/Privacy&Security/Master Passwords
- Mozilla crashes when selecting Preferences/Privacy&Security/Validation
In all those cases, the error is:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_GetHighResClock" called from
mozilla-bin:/usr/local/lib/mozilla-1.1/libsoftokn3.so.1.0 at 0x41fbdce0
- Fullscreen ok
- Changing skins ok (classic and modern)
- Installing new skins nok so far
- Manipulating tabs, back & forward buttons, opening automatically a link in a
  tab in the bg ok
- Testing to load some heavy sites (tf1.fr, cnn.com...) ok

And Marc, I confirm that my mozilla doesn't freeze. Either it crashes or it runs
fine.

My configure args for this build are:
./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-debug --enable-crypto
--enable-strip

This is i386 btw.

--
Saad Kadhi