List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: Some questions...
From:       "Jeff R. Miller" <JRM () hartcrowser ! com>
Date:       1999-09-14 15:12:17

I agree with Dennis about autoarchive.  I've just changed my policy, becuase the norm \
was for 90% of my users to have 100+ meg archives, and not even know it existed.  Now \
I autodelete after 45 days, empty trash at 15 days, and provide them with an archive \
on their home directory, which is limited on space.  So they know immediately when \
they've run out.

You can set cleanup policies by user, but with 5100 users, you're asking for it.  \
Change your title to Email Archive Administrator....

> > > Martin Lidström <Martin.Lidstrom@skola.kiruna.se> 9/13/1999 10:39:26 PM >>>
Hi!

Yesterday i becmae a member of this mailinglist and i have already found some good \
awnsers to known problems... So i thougt i d try with some questions of my own...
I m sure someone out there has the answer!!!
Greetings from a cold Kiruna in the north of Sweden.

We re runing gw 5.2.3 on netware 4.11
All clients are win95 with novel client 3.1 sp1.
Totaly 5100users within 2 postoffices.

1. Users can t see their sent items, if the number of items exceeds 1260.
If i ve sent 1259 mails they all show in the sent items folder. If i sent 1261 mails \
the last mail (nr 1261) wont show in the sent items folder. The user have to delete \
some old mails for the latest to show up.... The mails are found if you do a search, \
but not direct. This occured on several users that came to as many as 1260... Anyone \
has any ideas ?

2. We are administrating schools. Our problem is the quotasystem in gw. (It s missing \
?) The problems is that the students love to fill thier mailboxes with the latest \
quakeround, mp3files, games etc.etc What is the best way to solve this problem ?. I \
understand that you can autoarchive mails older than x days into the users \
homedirectory, and there recieve the restrictions put up by the filesystem. But only \
by postoffices, is that right ? The restriction is not ment to be for all the users \
in our postoffices... Any hints ?

2B
I run gw-check, statistics,  every week to see what users who use most space \
(42000798 bytes in use by users mail)  Is there a 3d part program who can read these \
gw-check-files and give me like a top ten list of the users using most space ? I now \
search the checkfiles manually to find the highest number in the "in use by section"

Thankful for any hints...

Martin Lidström
ITC Kiruna