List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: Help!
From:       <andrewmchorney () cox ! net>
Date:       2008-09-25 22:45:00

Hello

I would not recommend delete massive numbers of records in a single sql statement. I \
have had problems doing this on a system with few records (1.7 million) and doing a \
delete with a condition clause of "where 1 = 1".  The server had problems with this.

The MySQL server is probably building some rollback code in case something goes \
wrong. If it succeeds it will be a good amount of time. I would recommend doing \
several small deletes.

Andrew