List:       mysql
Subject:    Help!
From:       "Grant Peel" <gpeel () ody ! ca>
Date:       2008-09-25 22:24:46

Hi all,

I have a table I needed to prune because it had grown to 5 million rows and
it appeared that that app that uses it couldnt anymore.

I am in the process of:

DELETE FROM mytable WHERE id < 3000000;

the above has been running for close than an hour and I am starting to get a
little nervous.

it is on freebsd 6.3, mysql 4.x on a Single core dell 2.8 GHx I think.

I have shut down all process but necessary one so mysql has full access to
the cpu.

Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

-G