List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: The future of mutt...
From:       Derek Martin <invalid () pizzashack ! org>
Date:       2013-10-06 18:15:26

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 11:01:20AM -0700, Alexander Gattin wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 01:06:35PM -0500, Derek
> Martin wrote:
> On the other hand, your patch breaks some of
> setups that do use DNS.

It doesn't break anything, because if you don't get the domain you
expect, you simply set it in your muttrc.

BUT it won't be wrong if you configure file resolution, and make sure
you have appropriate entries in your /etc/hosts file, which you MUST
do if your system is going to work correctly, in the cases you
described.  As long as you do that correctly, this patch WILL work.

If you go read the update to the bug I just submitted, you'll see that
parsing /etc/resolv.conf directly can be wrong, even when your system
is using DNS, and is configured 100% correctly.  That's not true with
the patch.

-=-=-=-=-