List:       mifos-functional
Subject:    Re: [Mifos-functional] Loan Schedule Independent of Meeting Schedule
From:       "Aliya Walji" <awalji () grameenfoundation ! org>
Date:       2007-06-27 15:12:12

Hi Nesrine,

Here are some notes based on the discussions over email and phone we had last week \
with respect to the "Loan Schedule Independent of Meeting Schedule" feature.  Take a \
look and let me know if there is anything that is incorrect or needs to be changed.  \
Otherwise, these details should be added to the FS and the UI should be modified \
accordingly.

1.  The "first repayment date" field that is on the current UI prototype in the \
"create loan account" pipeline does not need to exist because it is automatically \
determined by the system.  This field should be removed from the UI.  First repayment \
date will be displayed to user on the "Review installments" page.

2.  The system will calculate the date of the start of the loan schedule (first \
repayment date) using the following rules:

      a.  For a loan account with no grace period:  The first repayment date will be \
the first "Repayment day" that occurs after the disbursal date and does not violate \
the minimum date range required between disbursal date and first repayment date (as \
configured in the system).  In other words, if min date difference is not met, then \
system will choose 2nd repayment day after disbursal date, and then 3rd repayment day \
after disbursal date, until the minimum date difference is met.  For example, if a \
loan is disbursed on Wednesday May 30, repayment days occur on Fridays each week, and \
the minimum number of days between disbursal and first repayment is configured to be \
6 days, the start of the loan schedule (first repayment date) will be Friday, June \
8th (the second Friday after disbursal).

      b.  For a loan account with grace on all repayments:  The first repayment date \
will be calculated as in point 'a' above, but then adjusted based on the number of \
grace periods specified.  For example, if the first repayment date based on the rules \
above is calculated as June 8 for a loan with payments occurring weekly and the loan \
account has a grace period set to 2 periods, the actual first repayment date in the \
loan schedule will be June 22th.

      c.  For a loan account with interest only grace period:  The first repayment \
date will be the first "Repayment day" that occurs after the disbursal date and does \
not violate the minimum date range required between disbursal date and first \
repayment date (as configured in the system).

3.  Minimum date range between disbursal and first repayment does not need to be \
specified by the user.  The system will automatically pick the first repayment date \
to occur on the first repayment day that is at least 1 day after the disbursal if no \
minimum date range is configured

Open questions for Nesrine:

1.  Does the date range between disbursal and first repayment need to be configurable \
per loan product?

2.  Is there any need to have a maximum number of days between disbursal and first \
repayment?  It seems unnecessary if the system automatically chooses the first valid \
repayment day as the start of the loan schedule.  If the date chosen by the system \
fell outside of the max number of days configured in the system, the user has no way \
of fixing the error in the process of creating a loan account.  So, this value seems \
unnecessary.

Once you have validated the above points and answered the open questions above, I \
think we will be in great shape for this feature.  Only a few small details are \
remaining :)

Thanks,
Aliya