List:       meego-dev
Subject:    [MeeGo-dev] mer and replicant
From:       Ioan Calin Borcoman <iborco () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-05 8:11:13

Hi,

Disclaimer: I don't have an Android phone and haven't coded for
Android (or Replicant). Just read some article today about Replicant.

Not sure if this was brought up and how sensible a question is (I hope
I'm not proposing some blasphemy here(-: ), but what about uniting
forces with replicant (http://replicant.us)? Would it make sense? Have
an OS that it is truly free and compatible with both Android and
Tizen? Support native app development via QML and QtMobility (this is
what I'm truly interested), HTML/WAC (for TIZEN compat), as well as
the native Android apps, via Java/whatever they use? Without the need
for necessitas? Or have necessitas as standard in replicant if this is
easier (I haven't try necessitats myself, just read about it)?
Wouldn't this provide a faster way to the market? Wouldn't this
provide a wider device base to choose from?

Just some thoughts...

Ionutz