List:       mandrake-cooker-i18n
Subject:    Re: [i18n] about new Move
From:       Pablo Saratxaga <pablo () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2004-10-11 17:13:08

Kaixo!

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 05:58:27PM +0200, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> >For Move it would be better to use a hand-tuned set of fonts, to
> >minimize the size (eg, instead of installing two japanese fonts,
> >have only one, that means half the size).

> Yes, I know, I have seen the mails the last couple of months in the list :)
>
> However, how about Cyrillic fonts? Hebrew? Arabic?  (if I miss something
> else, please shuout :)

Cyrillic is included in the same standard font used for latin script.
But what I mean is there should be only one font for each script,
we can't afford for the Move to put more (the ideal would be to have
one huge font covering a lot of scripts, that would be huge in size,
yet smaller than the total size of various different fonts to cover
the same unicode range).

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanta, angla aux latinidaj lingvoj]