List:       mandrake-cooker-i18n
Subject:    Re: [i18n] about new Move
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-10-11 15:58:27

Pablo Saratxaga wrote:

>Kaixo!
>
>On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 04:41:47PM +0200, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
>
>[about "Move"]
>

>>Is there a limitation of the font package that can be installed? It's
>>monthig more then 50MB at most, when compressed it will be aobut 10MB.
>>Is it possoble to add all the font packages provided in Mandrake as well?
>>

>For Move it would be better to use a hand-tuned set of fonts, to
>minimize the size (eg, instead of installing two japanese fonts,
>have only one, that means half the size).
>
>I don't know how many space can still be used however (and there is
>also the fact that chinese and japanese input methods require a lot
>of disk space too)

Yes, I know, I have seen the mails the last couple of months in the list :)

However, how about Cyrillic fonts? Hebrew? Arabic?  (if I miss something
else, please shuout :)

If you must, make a KJC version with less features, but all other
languages can be used without any problems. I know that the thing I
missed most in the latest MandrakeMove, it's that it lacks Hebrew fonts.

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/