List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] GNOME 2.2.1 Desktop
From:       Greg Meyer <gkmeyer () nysscpa ! org>
Date:       2003-03-19 1:54:41

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 07:08 pm, James Sparenberg wrote:

> > > oops should have said I don't get... my bad.
> >
> > Aha, but that just reinforces my suspicion, that Qt may be broken.
> > Anybody brave enough to recompile it with -no-xrender -no-xft ?
>
> Jan,
>

>   When I downgraded to libqt3-3.1.1-8mdk.i586.rpm and
> libqt3-common-3.1.1-8mdk.i586.rpm it worked... flawlessly.  So this may
> mean that somewhere between 8mdk and 13mdk (current) something got
> hosed. XFT still works or at least anti-aliasing seems good. But I'm not
> the worlds best judge.  Least to say the fonts don't look like they were
> written by my 2 year old with different size crayons.
>
> Greg,
>
>    If you want I can send these rpms to you.... for verification.

I just rebuilt qt with the 3.1.1-12 spec file from cvs and the problem is
gone.  Laurent applied a patch for -13 that turned on AA by default.  See my
other posting for the contents of the patch.  I am very sorry that this did
not get done in time for 9.1  I am not sure that the AA on functionality
would have been given up to enable this anyway.  It would seem to me that the
WoW factor of the font rendering might be worth this bug if it means good
reviews.  At least I have a qt that works and can now happily upgrade.
--
Greg