List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts	on OS X
From:       Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb () videolan ! org>
Date:       2015-02-08 22:57:25

On 08 Feb, Ren=E9 J.V. Bertin wrote :
> And no one insulted you personally on this ML. Things were said about you=
 that weren't meant to be nice, but they were not addressed to you. Either =
you went to the archives to (pardon the expression) "get yourself insulted"=
, or someone on this list forwarded you a copy without telling anyone else =
but that's a hypothesis I am not going to give any credibility until that s=
omeone comes forward.

Or I joined this mailing list before. But you know, that thought
couldn't have crossed your mind?

It's funny that you don't feel the problem with re-adding a mailing
list, when answering a private email. Especially after you went off-list
first.

And after telling us what rude behaviour is, and lecturing about
politeness.

It's a bit like telling us how bad our code is and then saying things
totally wrong technically. Or refusing code reviews of patches

> > But, I'll forward it to the right people too.
> =

> Sure, that's a very adult reaction, but I'm sure you weren't going to do =
that behind our backs, and CC us, right?

You were in TO of this very e-mail, you just answered on this mailing
list. In CC: that you removed, of course, was feepk, you know the Mac
maintainer of VLC that you manage to piss on the bugtracker?

I think we should drop it here, it's pointless. You should probably not
package VLC, or Phonon-VLC. We'll all be better.

-- =

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
Sent from my Electronic Device