List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts	on OS X
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-08 23:26:54

On Sunday February 08 2015 23:57:25 Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> Or I joined this mailing list before. But you know, that thought
> couldn't have crossed your mind?

It did. I even tried to check the member list (which is private). It seemed=
 highly unlikely though.

> It's funny that you don't feel the problem with re-adding a mailing
> list, when answering a private email. Especially after you went off-list

MacPorts was involved, by your attacks on it, and by the fact you were call=
ing out people on their public behaviour. It's sad that this exchange has u=
ndoubtedly been annoying most of that ML's members but so be it (my sincere=
st apologies, though).
feepk was of course excluded (and is now) as he is only sideways involved a=
s far as I'm concerned. If you consider I pissed on him, well, that says mo=
re about you than about what I did or didn't do. I apologised to him for ap=
parently having irked him.

> You were in TO of this very e-mail, you just answered on this mailing
> list. In CC: that you removed, of course, was feepk, you know the Mac
> maintainer of VLC that you manage to piss on the bugtracker?
> =

> =

> I think we should drop it here, it's pointless.

Really, it was actually starting to get funny...

not.

I'm not going to hold my breath though. Just my emails.

> You should probably not
> package VLC, or Phonon-VLC. We'll all be better.

I see many ways in which it'll all be better. I won't package VLC, there's =
no point to that. I will however, ne vous en d=E9plaise, keep working on ph=
onon-backend-vlc (which builds and functions OOTB, to date) and for that I =
will, ne vous en d=E9plaise non plus, propose a port:libvlc . We'll figure =
out how to get there without your help, don't worry about that, but it will=
 most certainly be announced or discussed on MacPorts mailing lists.

EOT