List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts	on OS X
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-08 22:23:21

On Sunday February 08 2015 22:09:29 VideoLAN's Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> Moreover, you called me and insulted me personally on a public mailing-list.

No. I don't know if Jeremy called you (I doubt he'd waste money on an international \
call to a cell) but I certainly didn't. And no one insulted you personally on this \
ML. Things were said about you that weren't meant to be nice, but they were not \
addressed to you. Either you went to the archives to (pardon the expression) "get \
yourself insulted", or someone on this list forwarded you a copy without telling \
anyone else but that's a hypothesis I am not going to give any credibility until that \
someone comes forward.

> But, I'll forward it to the right people too.

Sure, that's a very adult reaction, but I'm sure you weren't going to do that behind \
our backs, and CC us, right?

> No wonder everyone moved to HomeBrew.
> Please, go away.
> It's weird, because Diego told me you were decent.

No comments.

> > "Also, the order in which libraries are linked is irrelevant."
>
> Where have I said that?  That is flat out not true.  The order in which
> libraries are linked is relevant.

Jeremy, that's me he's talking about (as well as the patches). He forgets to \
mentioned that I admitted to having been confused later in the thread (but I continue \
to think that the order in which you list libraries on the linker command line is \
irrelevant most of the time; I'm old enough to remember when that was not the case, \
and that I never have to give that order any thought anymore when not doing weird \
things like linking 2 competing OpenGL libraries).

> int is perfectly fine for earlier versions of C.

Again, that was about my code, Jeremy. I don't know why you felt the need to react to \
this kind of comment, but thank you (I guess) for confirming something never felt the \
need to call into question ;)

R.