List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Writing an old fashioned paper: ever try biblatex and biblatex style =?utf-8?b?CWN1c3RvbWl6YXRpb
From:       Piero <pierofaustini () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-20 9:10:15

Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@...> writes:

> In addition, for some reason I don't understand, all journal citations
> inserted the letters "In:" before every journal name. I've never need
> "In:" except for proceedings or collections.
>
> The offending bit is in standard.bbx, on lines 637-639:
>
> \newbibmacro*{in:}{%
>   \bibstring{in}\addcolon
>   \setunit{\space}}
>
> and commenting out the middle like eliminates the "In:" from the output.
>
> For me, this has been hard work.  I've not found a biblatex email list
> or support forum.  The biblatex support page on sourceforge is sparse;
> It simply recommends we go discuss in the Usenet in comp.text.tex.  I
> would do that, except I have not found a way to post in the Usenet
> since my ISP eliminated Usenet service a year ago.

I have similar needs than you. (I didn't install biblatex 0.8e) You're true,
there's no dedicated discussion on Biblatex but when I asked randomly in this ml
for some little hacks, I always had some positive reply and almost everything
worked. For fine tuning, it wuold be a bit harder but it seems that if there are
more people like you and me, we can join forces and exchange tricks. For
instance, I also need to hack that unnecessary "in" (I use verbose-trad2 style)
I think that Philip, the main developer, is focusing in creating a final stable
release rather than giving little help to people for hackings that may be
unnecessary or even not-working in next releases...
But you're true, I would love to know how to create a style of mine with less
effort and low programming skills.
Regards!
H.