List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: One bibliography each chapter with biblatex (verbose-trad2 style)
From:       Jürgen_Spitzmüller <spitz () lyx ! org>
Date:       2009-07-20 6:52:33

Antonio Díaz wrote:
> I use biblatex with verbose-trad2 style, and i've read the manual of
> biblatex. The problem is that I have a great trouble with the way to create
> a text lke this, I don't understand anything.

Attached is a modified version of the test file you send me in PM. It works
for me if I use the bibtexall script as described here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Tips#toc6
(I've added a section for biblatex)

Look at the preamble: you will have to adapt the paths in the \bibliography
command to point to the locations of your *.bib files. In your original files,
you used non-valid paths, which was probably the reason it did not work for
you.
(Alternatively, put your bibfiles in the TEXMF directory, in /bibtex/bib and
run texhash; then you do not need full paths, i.e., you can use
\bibliography{Informe,Informe2})

> I can't use chapterbib or another package because are incompatible with
> biblatex —makes an error in the outputs like "incompatible package…"—

right.

> Is neccesary to make something with the .aux and .bbl files or LyX manage
> it automatically?

yes, install and use the bibtexall wrapper script.

> Is neccesary make a LyX file for each chapter an a master one with the
> "child document" system or not?

no.

> I'm trying to know how resolve this problem, because I'm writing a catalog,
> and I can post the solution in spanish here:
> http://www.macuarium.com/foro/index.php?showtopic=295047&st=0#entry2312847
>

> Regards
>
> Antonio

Jürgen