List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: biblatex for Lyx 1.6.1, OSX
From:       jezZiFeR <jezzifer () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-05 19:48:24

>>> here is he path as I would describe it
>>> hd/user/stefan/Dokumente/Bibliographien/BibDesk/testbib
>>>

>> does
>> \bibliography{~/Dokumente/Bibliographien/BibDesk/testbib}
>> work?
>>

> Another possibility here would be to try to put the bib file in the
> texmf tree. Since Jess was able to figure out where to put the
> biblatex files, it ought now to be relatively easy to put the bib
> file there, too.

In this case I preferred not to put the folder there as I need to use
the bib-file for various items. I would also be afraid of loss when
updating or so.
But this could be a neat method in some cases.

> Jess: Open a terminal and type:
>   kpsepath bib
> You should get a bunch of data back that looks more or less like:
>   /home/rgheck/files/bibtex::.:!!/home/rgheck/.texmf-config/bibtex/
> bib//:
>   !!/home/rgheck/.texmf-var/bibtex/bib//:/home/rgheck/texmf/bibtex/
> bib//:
>   !!/usr/share/texmf-config/bibtex/bib//:!!/usr/share/texmf-var/
> bibtex/bib//:
>   !!/usr/local/share/texmf/bibtex/bib//:!!/usr/share/texmf/bibtex/
> bib//:
>   !!/usr/share/texmf-dist/bibtex/bib//

Itīs looking mor or less like this.

> This is telling you where TeX will look for your bib files. (For
> this purpose, ignore the !!.) You can put your bibfiles in any of
> the directories that are listed.

Into any? Seems simple the.

> If the directory is preceded by !!, then you will definitely need to
> run texhash

I still donīt know what this is.

> in order for TeX to find the files, but in that case you can put
> them in subdirectories of those directories, too. Probably the best
> choice will be the texmf folder under your "home" directory. In my
> case, that's /home/rgheck/texmf/bibtex/bib/.

Then I would not need to run "texhash"?
Here is my texmf-folder:
/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf

Thanks, best*