List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: biblatex for Lyx 1.6.1, OSX
From:       rgheck <rgheck () bobjweil ! com>
Date:       2009-01-05 19:12:12

Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> jezZiFeR wrote:
>
>> here is he path as I would describe it
>> hd/user/stefan/Dokumente/Bibliographien/BibDesk/testbib
>>

> does
> \bibliography{~/Dokumente/Bibliographien/BibDesk/testbib}
> work?

Another possibility here would be to try to put the bib file in the
texmf tree. Since Jess was able to figure out where to put the biblatex
files, it ought now to be relatively easy to put the bib file there, too.

Jess: Open a terminal and type:
    kpsepath bib
You should get a bunch of data back that looks more or less like:
    /home/rgheck/files/bibtex::.:!!/home/rgheck/.texmf-config/bibtex/bib//:
    !!/home/rgheck/.texmf-var/bibtex/bib//:/home/rgheck/texmf/bibtex/bib//:

!!/usr/share/texmf-config/bibtex/bib//:!!/usr/share/texmf-var/bibtex/bib//:
    !!/usr/local/share/texmf/bibtex/bib//:!!/usr/share/texmf/bibtex/bib//:
    !!/usr/share/texmf-dist/bibtex/bib//
This is telling you where TeX will look for your bib files. (For this
purpose, ignore the !!.) You can put your bibfiles in any of the
directories that are listed. If the directory is preceded by !!, then
you will definitely need to run texhash in order for TeX to find the
files, but in that case you can put them in subdirectories of those
directories, too. Probably the best choice will be the texmf folder
under your "home" directory. In my case, that's
/home/rgheck/texmf/bibtex/bib/.

Richard