List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: biblatex for Lyx 1.6.1, OSX
From:       <juergen () spitzmueller ! org>
Date:       2009-01-04 18:12:12

jezZiFeR wrote:
> I found that location, thanks. So I should save my BibDesk-files
> there? It seems a little strange for me, as I save them in a documents-
> folder generally. Or where should I enter the absolute path?
>
> I´m also confused, because I have a folder "texmf". Is this the
> folder, where the BibDeskfile should be saved? In my texmf-folder,
> there is no bibtext/bib-folder or so, but 17 others…

You don't need to. The advantage of saving the bib file in the TEXMF tree is
that LaTeX can find it without further path information. So if you have a bib
file that is used for several books and papers, you simply need to add the
name of the bib file to each of these documents, i.e.
\bibliography{mybib}

If you need the file only for a single document, you can as well save it in
the document folder.

In this case, however, you need to add the absolute path to the \bibliography
command, i.e.
\bibliography{my/document/path/mybib}

Jürgen