List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: biblatex for Lyx 1.6.1, OSX
From:       jezZiFeR <jezzifer () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-04 18:01:32

Am 04.01.2009 um 18:34 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:

> jezZiFeR wrote:
>> 1) How could I add biblatex for report (KOMA-Script)-class? I entered
>> this text, which doesnßt work (Lyx doesn´t reconfigure):
>> #% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
>> #  \DeclareLaTeXClass[report (KOMA-Script)]{report (KOMA-Script)
>> (with
>> biblatex)}
>>
>> Format 11
>>
>> # Load the report (KOMA-Script) class
>> Input report (KOMA-Script).layout
>
> Input scrreprt.layout

Thanks, this works!

>> What does "Format 11" mean (I use this one, because I use Lyx 1.6.1)?
>
> This is the current version of the LyX layout.

Thanks.

>> 2) I still don´t get article-class working. After reconfiguring I
>> entered the following into the preamble:
>>
>> \usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true]{biblatex}
>> \bibliography{<filename as mentioned>}
>>
>> I could not follow the following line, as I don´t know, where the
>> "texmf-tree" is.
>
> enter "kpsewhich article.cls" in a terminal. The returned path is in
> the TEXMF
> tree (the patch to the folder "texmf").
>
> BibTeX files usually are located in ...texmf/bibtex/bib/<something>/

I found that location, thanks. So I should save my BibDesk-files
there? It seems a little strange for me, as I save them in a documents-
folder generally. Or where should I enter the absolute path?

I´m also confused, because I have a folder "texmf". Is this the
folder, where the BibDeskfile should be saved? In my texmf-folder,
there is no bibtext/bib-folder or so, but 17 others…

>> The next problem would be to do the "sudo texhash":
>> Do I need to enter just those two words in the terminal?
>
> yes. I'm not even sure you need this on the Mac at all.
>
>> * Note that the bib file must either be located in your texmf-tree,
>> or
>> you must enter an absolute path in the command above. (Do not
>> forget a
>> "sudo texhash" in the terminal to tell latex where to find the new
>> file in the texmf-tree.)
>>

>> Ups, sorry, there´s a third qustion:
>> 3) Where do I find the "article.cls"-file, so that I could rename it?
>
> "kpsewhich article.cls"
> But why do you want to do that?

Because I found this sentence in the wiki:
Changes with LyX 1.6 Creating a version of your LyX layout file with
biblatex support (version 0.8) now requires Format 11 instead of
Format 4 and a copy of the article.cls file which has to be renamed
into bblarticle.cls.

But you told me – I don´t nedd to do that.

>> It seems to be a little difficult to use biblatex for beginners (at
>> last for me). Could it be, that it supported it one of the next
>> versions?
>
> Maybe, yes. At least some developers are motivated to do it.

I would be glad…

Thank you, all the best*
Jess