List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: biblatex for Lyx 1.6.1, OSX
From:       jezZiFeR <jezzifer () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-04 18:25:00

> jezZiFeR wrote:
>> I found that location, thanks. So I should save my BibDesk-files
>> there? It seems a little strange for me, as I save them in a
>> documents-
>> folder generally. Or where should I enter the absolute path?
>>
>> I´m also confused, because I have a folder "texmf". Is this the
>> folder, where the BibDeskfile should be saved? In my texmf-folder,
>> there is no bibtext/bib-folder or so, but 17 others…
>
> You don't need to. The advantage of saving the bib file in the TEXMF
> tree is
> that LaTeX can find it without further path information. So if you
> have a bib
> file that is used for several books and papers, you simply need to
> add the
> name of the bib file to each of these documents, i.e.
> \bibliography{mybib}
>
> If you need the file only for a single document, you can as well
> save it in
> the document folder.
>
> In this case, however, you need to add the absolute path to the
> \bibliography
> command, i.e.
> \bibliography{my/document/path/mybib}
>
> Jürgen

Thank you. The problem is, that Lyx still produces errors. What could
be the problem then?
This is the error-message:

error:
LaTeX Error: File `biblatex.sty' not found.

  \bibliography
{<name of BibDesk-file>}^^M
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

In the latex preamble I entered the following:
\usepackage{bibgerm} % Unterstützung für deutsche BibTeX styles
\usepackage{microtype} %Zuschaltung des Kernings
\usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true]{biblatex}
\bibliography{<name of BibDesk-file>}

for the bibtex-toc-index (bibtex-literaturverzeichnis) I use "plain"-
style and database "articles"

Thanks again for your help! Best*
Jess