List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: LyX Qt under Gnome environment
From:       rgheck <rgheck () bobjweil ! com>
Date:       2008-01-17 14:46:15

> Questions:
> (1) is compilation on Ubuntu difficult? I thinks that compiling and installing \
> manually should avoid the problem I mentioned;
It shouldn't be. You just need to make sure you have the qt-devel
packages, I think. but you'll see when you run ./configure if you have
problems.

> (2) if (1) is not practical, can anyone suggest all the symlink that I should set \
> up to persuade Synaptic that I have already a TeX system running?
I think it uses a database of installed packages to resolve
dependencies. But you might be able to force the install. I know you can
do this with rpm, using the --nodeps switch.

rh