List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: LyX Qt under Gnome environment
From:       Guido Milanese <guido.milanese () unicatt ! it>
Date:       2008-01-17 7:20:09

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 05:17:48 Raymond Ouellette wrote:
> p.s. If necessary, I can upload my deb package of LyX 1.5.3 for the ftp
>site.
I have a question partially related to your post. I am using Ubuntu 7.10, and
I cannot install LyX using Synaptic (the package installation system of
Ubuntu) because I have a TeXLive in stallation, installed from the CD, and
the paths are not the same of the Ubuntu installation; so if I try to install
from Synaptic, the animal complains saying that it will also install TeX,
which will mess up all the TeXLive paths (already tried, a whole evening lost
uninstalling and in stalling again TeX). Also the debian installer tries to
do the same.
Questions:
(1) is compilation on Ubuntu difficult? I thinks that compiling and installing
manually should avoid the problem I mentioned;
(2) if (1) is not practical, can anyone suggest all the symlink that I should
set up to persuade Synaptic that I have already a TeX system running?

Many thanks,
guido milanese, italy

--
http://docenti.unicatt.it/milanese_guido