List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: [OT] Best KDE-centric Distribution?
From:       rgheck <rgheck () bobjweil ! com>
Date:       2008-01-14 17:56:18

Donn wrote:
> > Well, I tried it on a laptop a while ago, and it kept crashing.  That'd
> > be the main thing.
> >
> Ah, I think you'll suffer on laptops in general -- unless you get one of the newer \
> ones that come with some kind of Gnu/Linux these days. I have been using Kubuntu \
> for almost 4 years, but still can't get anything installed on our Toshiba laptop.
> If you have a 'desktop' machine, I can't say enough nice things about Kubuntu.

Perhaps I'll give it a try on my desktop. (I suppose I could also just
try debian.) But I prefer to have the same thing on all my machines, and
I run Fedora on three different laptops---a Linux Certified and two
Sonys---with only minor problems even on the very newest Sony: I had to
compile the wireless driver from source.

Richard