List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Official submission of eLyXer for inclusion in LyX
From:       Guenter Milde <milde () users ! berlios ! de>
Date:       2009-04-30 9:31:35

On 2009-04-29, Alex Fernandez wrote:

> Custom macros are quite out of scope for all I know.

Would it be possible to handle custom math-macros that are defined in
the actual document, like

  \begin_inset FormulaMacro
  \renewcommand{\test}{\int x\,\mathrm{d}x}
  \end_inset

  \begin_inset Formula $y=\test$
  \end_inset

? (Once this is possible, it would be not a too big step to support
macro definitions in the LaTeX preamble too...)

I am impressed by the fast advancement of elyxer and hope for a
fruitfull cooperation in the future.

Thanks

Günter