List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Official submission of eLyXer for inclusion in LyX
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2009-04-30 8:49:37

rgheck wrote:

> Just to be clear, here are what I regard as the showstoppers:
> Theorem-type environments aren't rendered; math support is marginal, esp
> with regard to custom macros; BibTeX isn't supported, so far as I can
> tell; cross-references omit the related text. Other things I'd want to
> investigate would include support for AMS environments, and arrays and
> the like generally; treatment of mini pages and the like. I also worry
> about the lack of extensibility, i.e., the inability to deal with custom
> styles.

To translate macros, custom latex styles, bibtex, cross-reference numbers,
etc.. ELyXer would haeve to work like tex4ht in two steps :

1) parse the LyX file and translate what it can and mark (Y) what he does
does not understand

2) Look in the pdf how latex has rendered Y  and translate it to html

ELyXer looks like it is doing step 1 correctly. Step 2 could be added later.

People that have complex documents should use tex4ht.

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org