List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Official submission of eLyXer for inclusion in LyX
From:       Abdelrazak Younes <younes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2009-04-30 7:20:02

rgheck wrote:
> Pavel Sanda wrote:

>>> it needs to handle the LyX format, pretty much without exception.
>>
>> if this is required then better than writing some third party scirpt
>> we would need third kind of output routines directly inside lyx code -
>> as we have output for latex and docbook we would have proper html.
>> no need to check lyx format version then...
>>

> I've been thinking the same thing---though a general LaTeX to HTML
> converter will handle anything LyX can produce via LaTeX. That's why I
> still think that's the way to go.

If I had to implement something, I would do it in C++ within LyX
personnally. Nothing but LyX knows its internal Buffer structure... I
once thought that lyx2lyx knows about it but no, it doesn't...
Conversion would be one-pass, fast and correct. And it could also be
reused for rich text clipboard purpose.

Abdel.