List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Interest in using git with lyx svn
From:       Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2009-03-06 11:08:27

Pavel Sanda <sanda@lyx.org> writes:

> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>> As for refering to a svn revision instead of a git branch, this is a
>> different mental model indeed, but not not a loss of function IMHO.
>
> to me this depends on what kind of development model you use and given
> the number of lyx developers and the way we proceed i think the centralized
> way is the better one.

For users that (try to) help us find bugs (and we need these people),
saying "it did work at r1234" is easier that giving a hash (isn't this
how a git state is defined? here I show my ignorance about it).

To make things clearer, there is some merit to the increasingness of the
svn revision numbers (in two different branches at a time). From what I
understand about git, it is lost in the new world.

Anyway, I'll use whatever is decided...

JMarc