Pavel Sanda writes: > Abdelrazak Younes wrote: >> As for refering to a svn revision instead of a git branch, this is a >> different mental model indeed, but not not a loss of function IMHO. > > to me this depends on what kind of development model you use and given > the number of lyx developers and the way we proceed i think the centralized > way is the better one. For users that (try to) help us find bugs (and we need these people), saying "it did work at r1234" is easier that giving a hash (isn't this how a git state is defined? here I show my ignorance about it). To make things clearer, there is some merit to the increasingness of the svn revision numbers (in two different branches at a time). From what I understand about git, it is lost in the new world. Anyway, I'll use whatever is decided... JMarc