List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: LyX Outliner and Corkboard - Feature Proposal
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2009-03-06 11:05:37

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> rgheck <rgheck@bobjweil.com> writes:
>
>> Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
>>> 2. implement the possibility to add comments to the outliner items.
>>> As Helge wrote, these will need to be stored in the document (as
>>> specific properties). I suppose this would be much easier to
>>> implement after LyX's file format switched to XML, something that is
>>> planned for the immediate future, but still needs thought and
>>> action.
>>>

>> I'd think this was fairly simple. Right now, you could do it like this
>> in the document:
>>    \begin_layout Section
>>    \comment Here is the comment.
>>    Section text as before.
>
> Why not special types of note insets? We want them in the document too.
>
> JMarc

If I understand the corkboard approach, you start by writing random notes,
an outline of your ideas, etc... Then you can shuffle it and link it and
then you start to write your document.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a structure with a file note.xml a file
outline.xml the lyx file and a RDF database like they have for Nepomuk to
tag or link between elements.

Cheers,
Charles
--