List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: LyX Outliner and Corkboard - Feature Proposal
From:       Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2009-03-05 22:10:00

rgheck <rgheck@bobjweil.com> writes:
> You could do that, but the problem with that kind of solution, as I
> see it, is that you then have to keep the note insets in the right
> place. This is the same issue as with InsetOptArg. It shouldn't be an
> inset. It's a layout feature.

But it is a _note_. And if it makes sense in outline, it will make sense
in text. We can just show the contents of notes that are in the section
paragraphs. Or have a 'show in outline' option if you prefer.

> And because it's an inset, you have to make sure it doesn't get moved
> to the end of the sentence, and it gets handled properly if the layout
> gets changed, etc. All of which is really artificial and therefore
> prone to error. I'd much rather InsetOptArg worked the same way.

But a note is a note. It is not the same case as InetOptArg. And with a
proper inset, the contents can be much much richer (maths...)

JMarc